Fallout 4 -- Talk it Up!

Discussion in 'Action and Shooter Games' started by Halcyon, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Let's hear about your experiences with Fallout 4!

I am, I guess, one of the lucky ones who fired it up right away and got rolling. The sound was wonky until I discovered the right setting, now I'm golden.

I'm only 3 hours into it and I really do like it. Sure, I have problems with small things that I don't like or I am not used to, but the game is gorgeous and really smooth. I am on a PC.

How about you?

2. Fnord

Fnord Member

Enviously looking through the window of those who have the game game ;)

3. gavalinb

gavalinb Member

I love the world and the story, as always. I'm grumpy about the poor ("totally absent") documentation for the crafting/settlement system. I'll keep sinking hours into it!

4. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Man, I'm up to level 9 after about 4 hours, I guess, and I love this game. Can't wait to see what awaits in the remaining 98% of the locations. Wonderful, awesome achievement.

5. Karla

Karla Administrator
    Staff Member

6. markornikov

markornikov Member

I'm 51 hours in and explored +/- 30% of the map. I've reached a branching point in the main quest, where the quests for the other factions i didn't join automatically failed.

I've decided to join the institute, although they may not really be the good guys, they still have some noble goals for the commonwealth, 'father' won me over in the end.

I'm going to rush the main quest towards the endgame and stop exploring the rest of the commonwealth. I'll leave that for a next playthrough
    Since Just Cause 3 is coming out next week, it'll be a while before i'll play fallout 3 again.

7. Terry Penrod

Terry Penrod Member

Fallout 4 ROCKS!

Cheers, Terry

8. markornikov

markornikov Member

I've completed the main quest and i'm satisfied with my ending. I'm just going to complete some secondary quests that have opened up after the end and leave the rest for a later playthrough.
    I've got the feeling i only discovered a quarter of what the game has to offer on this first playthrough, which is great:D

9. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

I'm nearing the end of the main quest, and I've gone on some side quests. I too feel that only a small percentage of the terrain was explored. It is really awesome and detailed -- I want to see it all!

10. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Well, quite a tepid response for Fallout 4, such a major game. I can only assume that this site is not attracting the great number of users that it used to. Sorry, but it's obvious...and it is why I no longer come here daily. I come here monthly, maybe.

There is so much to discuss about this game that I can't even begin a conversation with so few people. What a shame this site has come to this.

Surely, the site attracts viewers who are based on the past success of this forum. So why can't you snag them, why can't you provide what they want and had? Why such drastic visual and interaction changes? It is crazy to me....and I'm a 30-year marketing professional.

Come on, folks. Know what your visitors and members want. Then give it to them. Then expand.

You do not have to "sell" them anything. Provide them with opportunities to come back and chat and buy, then you will have the cred to offer other services, if that is your model. That said, I have no idea what your model is.

HOW DO YOU HOPE TO MAKE MONEY HERE? Let me know and I can help you.