The new text adventures

Discussion in 'Interactive Fiction' started by CindyK57, Sep 20, 2016.

1. CindyK57

CindyK57 New Member
    Staff Member

I was a huge fan of text adventures 'back in the day' and played most (if not all) of the Infocom games. Remember the 'invis-clue' books you could purchase for hints?
    I've been interested to see a new face on text adventures and have reviewed a couple recently: Pataphor (classic format with verbal twists) and Shady Brook (new interface but still a text based game). I recently finished Lifestream (same format as Shady Brook) and have just started Event [0] which is definitely text based in an environment that reminds me of '2001: A Space Odyssey' (more to follow on this one).
    Is anyone else enjoying this resurgence of 'graphic' text based adventures that focus on story rather than technology?

2. Karla

Karla Administrator
    Staff Member

I've never played a text adventure, but your posts and reviews sure make it sound tempting. :D

3. CindyK57

CindyK57 New Member
    Staff Member

My review of Lifestream is now posted at JA. I really liked the story and would recommend it to gamers with a fondness for narrative and story. I am looking forward to future titles from Unimatrix!

4. CindyK57

CindyK57 New Member
    Staff Member

I finished Event[0] last night and it is a very interesting game with a pretty smart parser. I am currently working on a review which I hope to deliver within the next few days. The adventure continues...